"It’s important to feel connected to a community of people who do what you do. IAFN is that community..."
~Susan Chasson, MSN, JD, SANE-A, Utah
"As a representative of forensic nursing in the legal system, my membership to the IAFN gives me the credibility I need in the courtroom"
~Lynn Gifford, SANE, British Columbia
"IAFN gives us information at our fingertips. It makes staying abreast of current research and standards a lot easier."
~Linda Ledray, RN, Ph.D, SANE-A, FAAN
"IAFN gives me the tools I need to focus my career and develop my practice."
~Cari Caruso, RN, SANE-A, California
There are many benefits simply from belonging to your association. The greatest benefit to joining the association is the networking and camaraderie that takes place between members. As a member, you have access to many resources to enrich your professional career and connect with diverse practice specialists and nurses who have a real passion for what they do.
- Journal of Forensic Nursing® - The official journal of the association. This journal is the single best resource for all professionals who care for victims and offenders of violence. It is a quarterly, peer-reviewed publication that includes articles, methodological papers and case studies.
- Forensic Nurses News (FNN) - Our weekly newsletter focusing on the latest news and trends in forensic nursing.
- Forensic Nurses On the Hill - Keeping you up-to-date on public policy and government relations activities for forensic nurses.
- Spotlight of the Week - Highlighting the hot topic of the week.
- Members in the News - Showcasing our members and the dedication they show to their local community.
- President’s Corner - Bringing you updates directly from the President of the association's Board of Directors.
- Industry News - Updating you on breaking global news from the field of forensic nursing.
- Certification - The Association developed the criteria and certification exams for the SANE-A® (Adult/Adolescent) and the SANE-P® (Pediatric) designation. In collaboration with the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the Association also sponsors a credential by portfolio in advanced forensic nursing (AFN-BC). The SANE-A®, SANE-P®, and AFN-BC
credentials recognize achievement of the highest standards of forensic nursing practice. Board certification demonstrates that the nurse has voluntarily sought validation of expert nursing knowledge. The board certified nurse shows that they are committed to quality care and meeting the highest professional standards. Certification is a valuable asset to both you and your employer.
- Live Webinars - Covering the most current evidence based practices in forensic patient care and latest advances in forensic science as presented by leading experts in the field of forensic science and nursing all at the convenience of your own computer, year-round.
- Online Learning Center (OLC) - The Association provides knowledge and resources on multiple topics related to forensic nursing. Members have the ability to: 1) view and select discounted educational offerings; 2) track earned continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours and personal transcripts of past training events; 3) access and self-register for online training anytime; 4) access printable CE certificates; and 5) view archived recordings of previously attended live events.
- International Conference on Forensic Nursing Science and Practice - The Association’s conference promises to be packed with diverse sessions and the option to earn valuable CEs. In addition to covering the most current forensic nursing science topics, the Conference offers a wonderful opportunity to network with your peers. As a member, you receive the discounted member rate and are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Member Center - This is your gateway to all your membership benefits. Log in often for updated industry info and new announcements.
- Member Community - In the Member Community, add to your profile; upload your photo; search the membership directory to connect with other forensic nurses, national leaders, and association staff; invite and send messages to your contacts (as long as they are active members); and subscribe, review, and participate in various discussion groups. The Member Community offers a platform to exchange ideas and positions on important topics, check and reply to email, post shared resources in the resource library, and so much more.
- Career Center - The premier electronic recruitment resource for general nurses and forensic nursing. You can post, browse and apply for jobs in related fields. Members also get a discount on posting jobs.
- Forensic Marketplace -Here you can find a variety of items for purchase from training and reference materials to gifts of appreciation. There is something there for everyone, and members get a discount.
- Reduced fee for SANE Certification Exam and Renewal
- Member Rate and Scholarship Opportunities to the International Conference
- Reduced Pricing in the Marketplace
- Discounted Bookstore Publications
- Free/discounted CEU's in the Online Learning Center
- Membership Bundle Discount - Five or more qualified Regular Members (three or more in a rural setting) will be afforded a discount for joining or renewing as a group. Contact Membership Director at email@example.com.
Read what members say about the association ....