"It’s important to feel connected to a community of people who do what you do. IAFN is that community..."
~Susan Chasson, MSN, JD, SANE-A, Utah
"As a representative of forensic nursing in the legal system, my membership to the IAFN gives me the credibility I need in the courtroom"
~Lynn Gifford, SANE, British Columbia
"IAFN gives us information at our fingertips. It makes staying abreast of current research and standards a lot easier."
~Linda Ledray, RN, Ph.D, SANE-A, FAAN
"IAFN gives me the tools I need to focus my career and develop my practice."
~Cari Caruso, RN, SANE-A, California
There are many benefits simply from belonging to your association. The greatest benefit to joining the IAFN is the networking and camaraderie that takes place between members. As an IAFN member, you have access to many resources to enrich your professional career and connect with diverse practice specialists and nurses who have a real passion for what they do.
2013 FREE Monthly Adult/Adolescent Case Review
Throughout 2013, IAFN will be offering FREE adult/adolescent sexual assault case review with continuing education credit. This is a member-only benefit! Join now.
- Journal of Forensic Nursing® - The official journal of IAFN. This journal is the single best resource for all professionals who care for victims and offenders of violence. It is a quarterly, peer-reviewed publication that includes articles, methodological papers and case studies.
- Forensic Nursing News (FNN) - IAFN's weekly newsletter focusing on the latest news and trends in forensic nursing.
- IAFN On the Hill - Keeping you up-to-date on public policy and government relations activities of IAFN.
- Spotlight of the Week - Highlighting the hot topic of the week.
- Members in the News - Showcasing IAFN members and the dedication they show to their local community.
- President’s Corner - Bringing you updates directly from the IAFN Board of Directors.
- Industry News - Updating you on breaking global news from the field of forensic nursing.
- Certification - IAFN developed the criteria and certification exams for the SANE-A® (Adult/Adolescent) and SANE-P® (Pediatric/Adolescent) designation. Board Certification through the IAFN validates that the nurse has accepted the challenge of preparing for and passing a rigorous examination. Certification is a valuable asset to you and your employer.
- The IAFN Online Learning Center (OLC) - IAFN provides knowledge and resources on multiple topics related to forensic nursing. Members have the ability to: 1) view and select discounted educational offerings; 2) track earned CE contact hours and personal transcripts of past training events; 3) access and self-register for online training anytime; 4) access printable CE certificates; and 5) view archived recording of previously attended live events.
- International Conference on Forensic Nursing Science and Practice - IAFN’s conference promises to be packed with diverse forensic topics with the opportunity to earn valuable CEU’s. In addition to the most current forensic topics, it is a wonderful opportunity to network with your peers. As a member, you get the discounted member rate and are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Member Community and Directory - The member community offers a platform to exchange ideas and positions on important topics, check and reply to email , post resources to share in the resource library. Subscribe, review and participate in various discussion groups, join committees and chapters. Check out the research and speaking opportunities and so much more.
- Career Center - The premier electronic recruitment resource for general nurses and forensic nursing. You can post, browse and apply for jobs in related fields. Members also get a discount on posting jobs.
- Marketplace - Here you can find a variety of items in the IAFN Marketplace from training, reference materials to gifts of appreciation.
There is something there for everyone.
- Reduced fee for SANE Certification Exam and Renewal
- Member Rate and Scholarship Opportunities to the International Conference
- Reduced Pricing in the Marketplace
- Discounted Bookstore Publications
- Free/discounted CEU's in the Online Learning Center
- Membership Bundle Discount - Five or more qualified Regular Members (three or more in a rural setting) will be afforded a discount for joining or renewing as a group. Contact Membership Director at email@example.com.
Read what members say about IAFN ....